New York Bike Accident Lawyer | NY Bike Injury Attorney
Hurt In A New York Bicycle Accident?
Ajlouny Injury Law is a bicycle accident law firm with 3 decades of experience representing bicyclists injured on the New York, Brooklyn, Bronx, Queens and Long Island cities roads in personal injury and wrongful death claims.
Riding a bicycle in New York will continues to be a popular way to get around no-matter how dangerous NYC street may be. In 2014 there were 284 cyclist accidents with 94 of those accidents resulting in serious injury according to NYPD Statistics.
Drivers in New York will forget to make room for bicyclists. Distracted driving, dui behavior, and cell phone usage while driving are a dangerous recipe for disaster for cyclists.
- On July 7, 2015, Zach Schwartz was biking down Vanderbilt Avenue in Brooklyn, when a car door opened in front of him, puncturing a six-inch hole in his neck and severing his carotid artery.
- Hit-and-run truck driver kills Chinese immigrant riding bicycle in Brooklyn – Thursday, January 21, 2016
- Hoyt Jacobs was riding through Long Island City last January when a Mack truck making a right turn caught him under its rear wheel. Jacobs died at the scene.
- Jeffrey Heller was pedaling through Bay Ridge last October when he was hit by an SUV turning left into the wrong lane.
- Brooklyn bicyclist left critically injured after hitting pedestrian while pedaling against traffic – Thursday, July 23, 2015
- Twenty cyclists died in traffic crashes in the last NYC fiscal year, up from 16 in FY 2015, and 14 in FY 2014. Overall traffic fatalities fell 5.2% over the same period, from 249 in FY 2015 to 236 in FY 2016. Pedestrian, motorcyclist, and car passenger fatalities also decreased, while driver fatalities increase 17.2% over the last year, from 29 to 34.
Common causes of bicycle crashes include:
- Vehicles turning across path of cyclist
- Cyclist riding into the path of a motor vehicle
- Cyclist turning right from a major road and from a minor road
- Child cyclist not abiding by NY street laws.
- Drivers failure to yield
- Cross walk accidents/ intersection accidents
- Cyclist hit and run accidents
- Bicyclists being run off the road / road rage
- Drivers failure to stop at an intersection. We protect your rights ensuring compensation for :
- Hospital / Medical bills
- Lost wages / Income
- Loss of earning capacity
- Pain and suffering – Serious Injury
If you are a surviving family member of a cyclist that was killed, struck by a vehicle in the NYC metro area, hire Ajlouny Injury Law for justice and compensation for your loss. Call 800-535-5029 to speak to a bicycle attorney who will protect your rights.
Cyclists, If you have been seriously injured while riding NYC Streets, call now to speak to one of New York’s top bicycle accident attorneys for a free advice: 718-233-3913
Services We offer:
- Free consultations
- Homes, Offices, Hospitals visits.
- No fee unless we win.
- Habla Espanol