Boat Accident Lawyer New York Free Advice.
Ajlouny Injury Law New York boating accident attorneys represent injured Maritime workers and passengers seriously injured or killed in a boating accident.
- A high-speed ferry loaded with hundreds of commuters from New Jersey crashed into a dock in lower Manhattan on Wednesday during the morning rush hour, seriously injuring 11 people, including one who suffered a severe head wound falling down a stairwell. – Mar 11, 2013
- Boat overturns in Queens at College Point Yacht Club; 19 pulled from water – Sunday, September 20, 2015
- Alexa Cioffi, of Staten Island, was riding bicycles with a friend near Hylan Boulevard and Redgrave Avenue when they were struck by a boat that detached from a pickup truck. – September 15, 2015
- A Bayville woman was critically hurt after she jumped off a boat and was struck by its propeller. Police say the 34-year-old woman was swimming to get a tube in the waters between Cove Neck and Cold Spring Harbor. As she swam, the driver put the boat in reverse. The victim’s leg was cut. – August 9, 2015
- New York – The daughter of Annie Lennox, Tali, has survived a kayaking accident in New York but her boyfriend is still missing, local police have revealed. The 22-year-old and her long-term partner Ian Jones were kayaking in the Hudson River on Saturday when they capsized. Tali was rescued by a passing boat but her 32-year-old boyfriend, who was not wearing a life jacket, did not survive.
- WHITE PLAINS, N.Y. — The New York man whose bride-to-be and best man were killed when the powerboat they were riding in crashed into a construction barge on the Hudson River over the summer is among the latest to sue the joint venture building the new Tappan Zee Bridge and the boat’s driver.
Boat Accidents Causes
(USCG 2009 report of Recreational Boating Statistics):
- Operator inattention
- Operator inexperience
- Excessive speed
- Improper lookout
- Alcohol consumption
Boat Accident Lawyers New York
Boating fatalities jumped 12.8 percent in 2011 and are now at the highest level since 1998, according to the U.S. Coast Guard’s just released report 2011 Recreational Boating Statistics. Last year, 533 of the 758 boating fatalities resulted from drowning, with 84 percent of the drowning victims reported as not wearing a life jacket.
If you have been injured on a ferry, its is important that you have an attorney who is experienced in maritime law. Call Ajlouny Injury Law if you have been injured in the New York Harbor or any surrounding New York body of water. 1-800-535-5029. Our personal injury law firm manages trial litigation in the field of admiralty, cruise line and maritime law in New York State.
Be prepared to have answers t the following questions. Your attorney will ask you to describe the full nature and extent of your injuries and the treatment you received by what doctor or at what hospital and at what dates and location you were treated and state what the diagnosis was of the injuries you received and the treatment you received therefor.
Claim filed to recover damages for personal injuries, etc., Following a boating accident, the plaintiff her husband, and their son, were settled.
At trial, the treating physician of the plaintiff testified that the doctors who performed magnetic resonance imaging (hereinafter MRI) and nerve function test (hereinafter EMG) scans were reliable, that he used their reports to form a treatment plan, and that these reports were the kind generally accepted by physicians in the diagnosis and treatment of their patients. Doctors opined that the plaintiff’s spinal injuries were the result of trauma from the boating accident.
The jury returned a verdict awarding damages in the sums of $50,000 for past pain and suffering, $19,300 for past lost earnings, $100,000 for future pain and suffering, and $120,000 for future lost earnings, and awarding the plaintiff’s son damages in the sums of $3,000 for past lost services and $7,000 for future loss of services.