Bad Drug Attorney New York
Another pharmaceutical company made $36 billion+ from the drug Zyprexa, also know as Olanzapine which is is used to treat the symptoms of schizophrenia.
In the last 6 years, drug manufacturers have paid out $7 billion in fines, penalties and lawsuits when you look at their profits in comparison to the hit in fines and penalties, that loss is nothing to these drug companies.
These drugs with 1- 2 years are on the recall list. Many of these drugs pose serious health risks and long-term side effects. At of course the expense of the American people. Dangerous Drugs Out On The Market:
- Diabetes drugs:Avandia and Actos.
- Antidepressants: Paxil, Prozac, Effexor and Zoloft.
- Birth-control pills: Yaz and Yasmin.
- Acne medication: Accutane.
- Cholesterol pill: Crestor.
If you have suffered side effects that range from birth defects and liver damage to suicidal behavior, blood clots, bladder cancer, Crohns disease, heart attacks, strokes and heart failure, from the use of a prescribed or off the counter medication contact Ajlouny Injury Law New York personal injury attorneys for FREE ADVICE.
* FDA Reported Possible Avandia Side Effects Include: Cough or cold headache inflammation of the sinuses back pain swelling or fluid retention.
- Avandia associated with the drug Rezulin (WITHDRAWN FROM THE MARKET because of liver toxicity), has been known to cause serious liver injury, including liver failure leading to transplant or death.
- Avandia combined with diabetes medicines, may run the risk of dangerous low blood sugar.
- Extreme agitation or irritability.
- Irregular heartbeat.
- High blood pressure.
- Elevated body temperatures not explained by environment or physical activity.
- Cardiovascular failure.
- Increasing hostility.
- Feelings of paranoia.
Someone misusing prescription drugs may overload their system or put themselves at risk for dangerous drug interactions that can cause seizures, coma, or even death. Form and dose. Doctors know how long it takes for a pill or capsule to dissolve in the stomach, release drugs to the blood, and reach the brain.
- Isotretinoin (Accutane) …
- Valdecoxib (Bextra) and Rofecoxib (Vioxx) …
- Sibutramine (Meridia) and Fenfluramine (Pondimin) …
- Cisapride (Propulsid) …
- Efalizumab (Raptiva) …
- Tegaserod Maleate (Zelnorm) …
- Futher Reading.
Federal law requires all new prescription drugs in the U.S. be shown to be safe and effective for their intended use prior to marketing. However, some drugs are available in the U.S. even though they have never received the required FDA approval.
Seldane Should Be Taken Off Market, Fda Says Antihistamine Blamed For Deaths When Combined With Other Drugs. The popular antihistamine Seldane is unsafe and should be taken off the market, the Food and Drug Administration announced Monday.Jan 14, 1997
- thiazide diuretics (chlorthalidone, hydrochlorothiazide)
- ACE inhibitors (benazepril, zofenopril, lisinopril, and many others)
- calcium channel blockers (amlodipine, diltiazem)
- angiotensin II receptor blockers (losartan, valsartan)