Never a Fee Unless We Win!
Dedicated Representation for Long Island Car Accident Victims and Their Families
If you are hurt, or a loved one is killed in a traffic accident, you might be entitled to compensation. It is important to act fast as you only have a limited amount of time to file a claim for damages based on personal injury or wrongful death. A highly qualified Long Island car accident lawyer can help you get the recovery you deserve based on your injuries.
At Ajlouny Injury Law, our experienced legal team represents individuals who have been seriously hurt in car accidents. We offer free legal advice for injury victims and their families. Our goal is to help you get the maximum compensation available in your case so that you can focus on your health and well-being.
Contact our office at (718) 233-3913 to speak with a Long Island car accident lawyer today. All consultations are free and without obligation to retain our services.
Long Island Car Accident Statistics
According to the New York State Department of Health, motor vehicle traffic injuries are the fourth leading cause of injury-related deaths in Nassau and Suffolk County. Each year, car accidents result in hundreds of millions of dollars in hospitalization and emergency department visits throughout Long Island. Tragically, most of the accidents are preventable.
Research collected by the Department of Health shows that each month on average:
- 6 people die due to traffic crash-related injuries in Nassau County;
- 83 people are hospitalized;
- 842 are treated in an emergency department (ED) due to traffic crash-related injuries.
- In Suffolk County, an average of 2 people die each month in car crashes;
- 19 people are hospitalized, and 239 people are treated in emergency rooms.
Long Island car accidents can result in serious, debilitating injuries that may incur lifelong expenses and medical care. If you are involved in a traffic collision and suffer harm, contact our office to discuss your case with a Long Island car accident lawyer today.
Causes of Long Island Car Accidents
Many car accidents are caused by negligence, particularly driver inattention. The increased use of cell phones and other electronic devices has increased distracted driving exponentially. Even looking away for a few seconds can have life-changing consequences.
Leading causes of car accidents include:
- Distracted Driving - The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) estimates that every day around 8 people are killed in accidents involving a distracted driver in the United States.
- Alcohol - Driving under the influence of alcohol is a problem throughout the United States. The most recent data from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) indicates that approximately 28% of all fatal traffic accidents involve alcohol-impaired driving.
- Speeding - According to NHTSA, speed is a contributing factor in 26% of all traffic fatalities. Speed-related traffic collisions are also a primary cause of traumatic brain injuries (TBIs).
Other common causes of traffic collisions include failure to yield, following too closely, aggressive driving, fatigued driving, and operator inexperience.
What to Do After a Traffic Collision
If you are involved in a collision, the first thing you should do is check whether you or anyone else is injured. Under New York law, you are required to notify the police immediately if you are involved in an accident where someone is injured or killed. In addition, you must file a motorist accident report with the New York Department of Motor Vehicles.
After contacting law enforcement, if you are able, you should:
- Take pictures of any damage to your vehicle;
- Exchange information with any other parties;
- Identify any eyewitnesses to the collision;
- Seek medical treatment if you are not taken in an ambulance; and
- Contact an experienced Long Island car accident lawyer.
It is essential to be careful what you say after a car accident. An insurance adjuster may try to downplay your injuries. At Ajlouny Injury Law, we can help ensure that you receive the compensation you deserve. We have recovered millions on behalf of injury victims throughout Long Island and New York City.
Damages in Long Island Car Accident Cases
Since New York is a no-fault state, you will generally need to go through your own insurance company to receive compensation. If you are not seriously injured, you will be limited to economic (out-of-pocket) losses.
Depending on the case, you might be entitled to compensation for:
- Medical bills;
- Lost wages;
- Loss of future earning capacity;
- Cost of long-term care and rehabilitation;
- Property damage; and
- Pain and suffering (in cases with serious injuries as defined by statute).
If you are severely injured, you might be entitled to pursue additional compensation for things like pain and suffering through a personal injury lawsuit. It is crucial, regardless of your injuries, to discuss your case with an experienced attorney prior to accepting a settlement from an insurance representative.
Injured in a Long Island Car Accident? Contact Our Office Today.
Have you or a loved one been injured in a traffic crash? Get free legal advice from one of our dedicated Long Island car accident lawyers today. We will review your case for free and can come to you at the hospital or at home. Even if your case was rejected by another attorney, we still may be able to help.
Call our office today at (718) 233-3913 for a free, no-obligation consultation. We have a no recovery, no fee guarantee, which means that you pay no fees unless we win. Contact us today to get started.